If you’re not ready for college-level courses, the tests help determine what types of courses or intervention will best prepare you for college-level work. You take TSIA2 tests on a computer and, depending on school policy, may get your results immediately after you finish the test.
If you are an incoming college student in Texas, you are required to take the TSIA, unless you are already exempt, to determine your readiness for college-level work. Based on how you perform, you may either be enrolled in a college-level course that matches your skill level or be placed in the appropriate developmental course or intervention to improve your skills and prepare you for success in college-level courses.
- Take the Pre-Assessment, the link is located in the Pre-Assessment section below.
- This will give you insight two what questions will be asked on the TSI exam.
- After you enter your information on the last page, take a screenshot of the final page with the confirmation that you completed the Pre-Assessment and email it to [email protected]
- TSI Test
- Mrs. Ramirez will be testing each grade level throughout the year. More info coming soon.
The Pre-Assessment activity is utilized to help you be more confident and informed when walking into a college placement testing situation. Before you take the new Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment in mathematics, reading, and writing, we want you to know At the end of the assessment, you will need to enter your information to get a copy of completion sent to your email.
- the areas you will be tested in,
- the way the questions will look,
- explanations of correct and incorrect sample questions